Unfortunately this year February 14th is on a Tuesday, lucky for me that's my day off! We already started celebrating last Friday and went to see a movie! There are so many great movies out right now, but I really wanted to see 'Fifty Shades Darker'. I read all the books and saw the movie last year (on Valentine's day) so that was the perfect start to get in the mood and OMG... I love this movie!
Getting Ready for Valentine's Day ...
I started this day of love staying in with Netflix and plenty of snacks and ice cream in my comfy Happy Socks, we know that the couple who socks together, rocks together ...
Kiss and Smell ...
Get ready: here's an easy Valentine's Day DIY that may also be the cutest you've ever seen: Pretty In Pink Body Creme and Lovely Red Sugar Scrub. It's easy to make your own body creams and scrubs using healthy, chemical-free ingredients. When creating your homemade products you can control the herbs and essential oils you include and you can even choose your own fragrances and texture. My boyfriend loves it when I smell like roses!
Pretty In Pink Body Cream
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup glycerin
- 10-15 drops rose essential oil
- 5 drops pink food coloring
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl
- Heat until everything is melted
- Pour into another bowl and let cool for a good hour (in the fridge if you're in a hurry), or until the oils are just starting to consider re-solidifying (this is important, you won't be able to whip it up if they're still too liquid).
- When the oil mixture is starting to solidify around the edges, start beating with a hand mixer. Continue for a few more minutes until it looks kinda like whipped cream.
- Add 5 drops pink food coloring and 10-15 drops rose essential oil
- Because I have an oily skin I also apply some glycerine and lemon juice, the secret is that it will treat acne and blackheads.
Lovely Red Sugar Scrub
I prefer sugar scrub even if I have an oily skin. This scrub works wonderfully for those with acne-prone skin. But, of course, the entire body can benefit from a lemon and sugar exfoliation that leaves the skin soft and insanely smooth.
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 honey
- 10-15 drops essential rose oil
- 5 drops red food coloring (I used colored gel)
- Start off with a 1/2 cup of light brown sugar and a 1/2 cup white sugar
- Add the lemon juice and honey
- Once you added the olive and coconut oil, add red food coloring
- Time to add essential oils, I used lovely rose ...
Benefits of the ingredients
- Lemon juice: a natural source of vitamin C, used to lighten sun and age spots, a natural astringent that tightens pores
- Sugar: a natural exfoliator, source of glycolic acid which cleans pores and improves overall skin texture by removing dead, dull skin cells
- Olive Oil: high in vitamin E which soothes and heals skin, a natural moisturizing ingredient often used for its anti-aging benefits.
- Coconut Oil: also high in vitamin E, repair of weak and tear skin, keeping skin smooth and protecting against cracking.
- Shea Butter: is known for its healing properties and is an extra moisturizer.
- Glycerin: you can use as cleanser or toner, it's also a moisturizer and treats acne, blackheads, dry skin and wrinkles. It works skin lightening and scars will go away, you may also use it as sunscreen.
- Honey: a natural source of anti-oxidants making it a perfect ingredient for age prevention, it locks water into the skin and keeps the complexion hydrated, antibacterial properties benefit the acne-prone skin by reducing breakouts.
Let me know if you try it and how it works for you, happy and healthy bathing!
What to wear on Valentine's Day Date Night?
Love is in the air and I've put a simple and sexy outfit together to wear for this Valentine's Day. It's always fun to get dressed up, I know it can be a little cliche but I still love it!